Thursday, May 24, 2007

All in the Game??!!

"Well begun is half done". So any day that begins well is bound to end with a happy note. Or so they say.

Mine didnt begin too well today. First kutu was over cranky during feeding time today. Had to literally thrust food into his mouth. Somehow finished that task and got out to take my cab to office.

I need to walk some distance to take the cab. Enroute there is a dilapidated playground which will always be filled with boys playing cricket with makeshift stumps and bats and what not(me no cricketing expert to know their gadgets by name :) ). Looks like I happened to pass by in some dramatic moment of the game and everyone was shouting in the highest decible levels their voices could reach. And what do i hear?? Wow...it was raining profanities to say the least. In both Tamil and English. All kids who are barely 14 or 15 yrs old.

The mother in me wanted to pull each one of them by their ears, make them stand in a line and give them a piece of my mind. But common sense told me not to. Firstly i was alone and they were atleast twenty in number. Secondly, to be frank my looks betray my age. I can easily pass of as their kid sister whom they bully at the drop of a hat...:( sigh!!! So I just moved on.

But I did fast forward my life some ten years from now. Yeah...I am a day dreamer too...so i foresaw myself telling kutu that any such behaviour from him will be unpardonable!! He is going to get a sharp twist of his ears and a good whack on his bum if he does that!!

I know...I know... I am a cruel Momma too...when it comes to disciplining the child i believe in the cliche'd Spare the Rod Policy.

0 comments: