Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The GoodBye and a Welcome Dance

I am a working mom. Many of you would say the term "working mom" in itself is redundant. All moms work.Period. :)

I have to start to office at around 8 in the morning everyday.
and before leaving I give kutu his breakfast, change him into a fresh set of clothes and then get dressed myself and rush to office. I don't want to start off ranting on the task of filling his little tummy with some food. That deserves to be a separate loooonng post of its own! :(. I think it should suffice if I say he is a fussy eater!! Why dont human babies start eating by themselves soon after they are weaned off from their mommies?? All other mammals are like that. Why did God Almighty create us homo sapiens this way? Sorry. I digress!!

So, after this he keeps hovering around me for something or the other. In the midst of all this i get dressed, pack my lunch and gobble up some breakfast. and then comes the star event of the morning...the Goodbye Ritual. I would take my bag and say "Kutu, Amma office pogunnu"( Kutu, amma is going to office). First he gives me one look and then a smile and resumes whatever work he has been doing. All the while watching me from the corner of his eyes knowing very well as to what is going to happen next. :) Then i would pick him up. He would start wriggling and giggling. Then comes our mandatory doses of uuummmaaas. One on each cheek, one of forehead and then a big tight hug!! And then he says bye and goes dutifully to his grandmother. Sometimes we have another round of uuummmaaas. :) Then he stands with his grandmother on the balcony and waves tata and bye till I vanish from round the corner of our street.

Oops!! i forgot!! Sorry A...i forgot to mention the GoodBye Ritual that happens before mine. Kutu's Dad, leaves to office before me. That would be bang in the middle of the time when kutu is having his breakfast. Somedays when kutu is in a good mood, he finishes his breakfast before his dad leaves. hah!! Peace! :)
The moment A starts packing his bag, kutu starts shouting "achaa...fast fast!!". I try running behind him blackmailing him saying "Monu finish ur food else amma wont take u down". But he gives a look which means " i am too smart for these old tricks to work...better luck next time lady!!". I heave a loong sigh and give in. We go down and his dad takes him for a ride on his bike up and down our street. Then another round of Bye and uuuummmaas follow(between father and son!! ok?)

we both cherish these precious little moments with our baby!! There have been days when i had to sneak out of the house stealthily to prevent him from crying when i leave for work. He is a big boy now and he understands. my darling kutu!! :)

Guess what he does when we return from office?? No, he doesnt come running to us...he doesnt shout achaa or amma in glee...he doesnt shower us with his hugs and kisses...He just jumps up from whatever he was doing...and starts running round and round the living room. he does a minimum of ten laps of running around and comes crashing into our arms. The welcome dance is even better for A. The moment he hears his dad's bike turn around the street corner he starts jumping and dancing. It doesnt stop until he picks him up. :) The smile on kutu's face after this....Just Priceless!! :)

ok...a loooong post....Anyway these are just a few of the precious kodak moments of our everyday life. We love you kutu!!

3 comments:

Zaphod Beeblebrox said...

Nice ones, Suni. Now I know for sure there are aleast two people in this world who are lucky - your hubby and your kid.
Generally those who spend quality time with the kids get kind of philosophical(?!) at times...u know like they make you feel that there isnt really much to worry abt in this world and that everything is just funny...did u ever feel like that...?! infact their cool attitude towards life is so infectious, isnt it?

Suni said...

Thanks for visiting Zaphod. Yes it is..kids make you see the world in a whole new angle... :)

Veda said...

aww ,. u dint tell me this b4 .. record it sometime :D I mean the welcome dance ;)